What is Voice Search
for those of us who are not quick or accurate typists voice search is the ability to simply speak your query. There are numerous smart speakers, smart phones, the Chrome web browser and Microsoft has Cortana for windows 10 has built in speech recognition
Voice search, also called voice-enabled, allows the user to use a voice command to search the Internet, a website, or an app. In a broader definition, voice search includes open-domain keyword query on any information on the Internet, for example in Google Voice Search, [and the Smart Speakers like Google Home, Google Mini] Cortana, Siri and Amazon Echo.
Are People using Voice Search NOW?
- They said in late 2016, 40% of adults use voice search at least once per day and by 2020 it's estimated that 50% of all searches online will be done via voice.
- More and more people are buying smart speakers and wearable tech, Google already says 20% of ALL mobile searches are by voice
- According to Microsoft 3 months after Windows 10 launched 33% of searches were using voice
- More to the point, 65% of those of us who own a Google Assistant, (Home or mini) or Amazon's echo can't imagine being without them!
- And the Echo Dot was the best-selling product on all of Amazon in the 2018 holiday season.
How can small business apply voice search?
- Create content that talks back and always think service first.. How can you serve your audience
- Focus on mobile search Use content that answers: "when," "how," "what," "who," in respect of your business
- Claim your GMB Listing if you are a local bricks and mortar or service business
- SEO for voice is just regular optimization applied to speech simply optimize for all of it
- Identify your long-tail search queries when you ask out loud you use more words like in conversation
- Use Structured Data Markup on your website for all of your key elements
- Keep it simple, ask and answer questions in your content and start with the basics about your business